JCDC :: Spring 2011







Buy online Here

French Fashion Designer Jean-Charles de Castelbajac  created a new diffusion line called JC/DC in 2010. A creative, pop-rock, playful, quality, and affordable clothing line for a new generation. He has worked with grime artist Jammer, Tim & Barry TV and brit fashion designer Cassette Playa. The spring 2011 collection is inspired by the cartoonist Tex Avery's wolf and Lego.

Words :: JC/DC


Why JC/DC?

"I am a legit son of Rock n Roll.. I didn’t feel too close to the Hip Hop culture until the day Keith Harring initiated me to it. The movement was so crosswise and creative, art, music and dance, I was immediately amazed, and within a moment I was dressing artists known as LL Cool J or Jay-Z. Ther wore my “cartoons” sweaters such as knights of long ago showed their coat of arms.They comprehended another dimension of my work, revealing the “Warrior” aspect. Lately, Katy Perry, Beth Ditto, Lady Gaga, Kanye West, Lupe Fiasco, Dizee Rascal, or even Beyoncé, MIA and Santigold, embodied my design.

In 2006, during a retrospective exhibition at the Victoria & Albert Museum of London, I finally knew that those performers had named me JCDC. I kept this war name and decided I would develop under this banner, LOW COST LUXURY…a maximum of creation, quality…for an accessible price.

To sum up, a luxury that rhymes with democracy." Jean-Charles de Castelbajac.