Kate Tempest

Last weekend I had the pleasure to met Kate Tempest, I had never heard of Kates rhymes, lyrics, or poems. But just talking to Kate had me curious to hear her poems, as she radiates love and pure positive energy. As soon as I got home I began searching for her poems on youtube. I have selected some of my favourites. If like me you have never heard of Kate watchmthese videos and share. Her poetry tugged at my heart string and had me thinking more positivly about all aspects of life at the same time.
 
       
       
       

Kate Tempest is a writer. She writes rhymes, lyrics, poems, prose and plays. She began at 16, rapping in battles across London, and began performing spoken word at 21. She’s performed her writing on stages all over the world. She has written poems for Barnado's children's charity, the BBC, Amnesty International, the Royal Shakespeare Company and Turner Prize winning artist Chris Offili. Her first play 'Wasted' was commissioned by theatre company Paines Plough and tours the UK from March to May 2012. Her first full length poetry book 'Everything Speaks in its Own Way' is available now with a CD and DVD of live performance and interviews, on her own publishing imprint 'Zingaro'.